- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/3 cup Red or yellow sun dried tomatoes in oil (about 8), strained, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp Oil from sun dried tomato jar
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt , or to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil , plus more for garnish
Add chick peas to a food processor along with sun dried tomatoes, 2 Tbsp oil from jar, lemon juice, tahini, garlic and salt. Pulse for 1 minute then scrape down sides and bottom of jar and pulse one minute longer. Add 2 Tbsp of the liquid from chick pea can then pulse 2 - 3 minutes longer, stopping and scraping down sides and bottom of processor once halfway through (add in more liquid to thin if desired). Add basil and pulse until just minced into hummus.
If desired serve topped with more oil from sun dried tomato jar, additional fresh basil and finely chopped sun dried tomatoes. Serve with pita chips or fresh veggies.