Serve 4-5 people
- 500gr Rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 jar of red datterino puree
- 12oz ricotta cheese
- 8oz Mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Few leaves of basil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook rigatoni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet medium heat. Add datterino tomato puree, couple leaves of basil and salt to taste. Stir and cook about 10 minutes.
- Drain rigatoni and pour a layer into a medium casserole dish. Pour sauce over rigatoni. Sprinkle Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese , ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cubes evenly over the top. Repeat it one more time. At the end spread a little bit black pepper to taste.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 15minutes. Then give mixture a quick stir. Then turn the oven in broil for about 5 minutes until browned. ( pay attention once turn over in broil, as it goes very quick to brown over the top).
- Serve right away