Serve 4-5 people
1. 500 gr of Leonessa Maccheroncelli Al Ferro Vegetali
2. 3 tsp salt
3. 1 cup pasta cooking water
4. Freshly grated Parmiggiano Reggiano, for serving
5. Homemade Pesto:
1) 4 cups basil
2) 1/2 cup pine nuts
3) 1 cupFreshly grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
4) 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
5) 1 garlic clove
6) Salt and pepper
Process to make the pesto sauce:
1. In a food processor, combine the pine nuts, garlic, salt, pepper, and pulse until well chopped.
2. Add the basil and pulse until combined.
3. With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil and pulse until combined. Add the Freshly grated Parmiggiano Reggiano, if using, and pulse to briefly combine. For a smoother pesto, add more olive oil.
Process to make Pest Pasta:
1. Fill a large pot with water, once the water begins to boil, give it a generous sprinkle of salt. Wait a few second until the water is rapidly boiling then adding the pasta.
2. Just before draining, scoop out 1 cup of of the pasta cooking water
3. Drain pasta in a colander, leave it for a minute.
4. Transfer pasta to a bowl (do not use pasta cooking pot, too hot).
5. Add pesto and 1/4 cup of pasta water. Toss to coat pasta in pesto, adding more water if required to make pasta silky and saucy, rather than dry and sticky.
6. Taste, add more salt and pepper if desired.
7. Serve immediately, garnished with Freshly grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
1. Maccheroncelli Al Ferro Vegetali