Serve 4-5 people
1. 500 g Leonessa Tagliatelle Piccanti ( Spicy) Pasta
2. 1.5 lb Ground lamb (can substitute with ground beef)
3. 4 or 5 lamb ribs or lamb chops
4. 2.2 lb onion
5. 0.75 lb bread ( fresh bread only inside part)
6. 2 eggs
7. 49.4oz (4 jars) Red Datterino Tomatoes Puree
8. 3.5oz grated pecorino cheese (can substitute with grated parmigiano reggiano)
9. Fresh rosemary
14. Salt ,pepper ,extra virgin olive oil
- Let the bread soften in the water
- In the bowl, add ground lamb, bread after soaked in water, 20gr of Pecorino, 2 eggs, salt, black pepper, chopped rosemary and a pinch of nutmeg; stir the mixture and shape it into patties of 1.5-2 inches of diameter. Coat the meatballs in flour and fry them in a non-stick pan by adding 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, pour 4 tablespoons of olive oil, half carrot and half celery stalk (both cut into small cubes) and let them stir-fry for a couple minutes. Add the onions cut into slices and put a lid on the pan. Allow to cook until the vegetables are soft. And then add the meatballs with their cooking oil and the tomato puree. Let cook for an additional 30 minutes. Add salt as required.
- Let the ribs cook for about 15 minutes in a non-stick pan with 2 tablespoons of oil, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, cook tagliatelle in abundant salty water. Drain them while al dente and add them to the sauce. Stir with Pecorino. Serve by garnishing with the meatballs and lamb rib.