SOUTÈ OF CLAMS WITH RED DATTERINO IN JUICE
Serve 3 people
- 12.35 oz whole red Datterino tomatoes in its juice (1 jar)
- 2 LBS of clams
- 2 clove of garlic
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Salt and peppers
- A glass of white wine
- 4 tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chili pepper
- Let the clams rest in water at room temperature with coarse salt for a couple of hours to remove the sand. Changing the water repeatedly if needs.
- Croutons: Place the slices of bread on a tray and brush with extra virgin olive oil. Then back them in the oven for 350F.
- In the pan, heat a few tablespoons of oil and browns the garlic with chili pepper.
- Add white wine and then add the datterino tomatoes with its juice.
- Season with parsley, salt and pepper
- Cook for 5 minutes then add the drained clams
- Cover the pan, raise the flame and let clams open.
- Once ready, remove the clams that have not opened, and then place them on the plates.
- Add some croutons and serve.
Red Datterino Tomatoes in its juice