Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage
Serve 4-5 people
1. 500 gr of Leonessa Orecchiette
2. 1 large bunch of broccoli rabe, washed, dried and chopped
3. 3 links of Italian mild sausage, casing removed and broken up a bit
4. 4 Cloves of garlic, chopped
5. 4 cloves of garlic
6. Pinch of hot pepper flakes
7. Salt and pepper to taste
8. 2 Tbsp of olive Oil
9. Freshly grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
1. Fill a large pot with water, once the water begins to boil, give it a generous sprinkle of salt. Wait a few second until the water is rapidly boiling before adding the pasta.
2. In a large non stick pan add the olive oil and preheat over medium high heat. Add the Italian mild sausage and break it up with a wooden spoon. Cook for about seven minutes or until fully cooked through.
3. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
4. In the same pan add the garlic and olive oil, cook for about a minute. Add the hot pepper flakes and broccoli rabe. Cover with a lid and turn the heat down to low and cook for about 3 minutes or until the broccoli rabe starts to wilt. Once it’s wilted remove lid and turn the heat back up to medium. Add ½ cup of water and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes.
5. At this point add the pasta to the boiling water.
6. After 7- 8 minutes, add ½ cup of the starchy cooking water, the cooked sausage and season with salt and pepper, let cook for a couple minutes.
7. Add the drained pasta and parmiggiano regginao. Stir everything together and serve right away!