Penne with pesto, cherry tomatoes and cacioricotta
Serve 4-5 people
- 500 gr Penne rigate Leonessa
- 100 gr of pesto (Check here for the homemade pesto sauce)
- 12.35oz Datterino tomatoes in water ( 1 jar )
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A nice piece of cacioricotta
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- Fresh basil
- In a pan, brown the garlic in oil. Cut the datterino tomatoes in half and adds it in the pan. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and turn off. (Remove the water from the jar, only use datterino tomatoes).
- Cook Penne pasta in a pot with salted water for 12-14 minutes and drain it "al dente".
- Drain the pasta and add it to the tomato sauce along with the pesto and Parmigiano Reggiano, mixing all together.
- Serve and add a generous grated cacioricotta.
Red Datterino tomatoes in Water: