Serve 6 people
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 250 gr Maccheroncelli Vegetali pasta
- 250 gr Riccioli Vegetali pasta
- 1 12.35oz Jar whole red datterino tomatoes
- 1 12.35oz Jar whole yellow datterino tomatoes
- 1-2 eggplant
- 6 oz black olive
- 6 oz cube Mozzarella
- ½ cup chopped basil
- Make the vinaigrette first. Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Set the dressing aside.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salty water according to the package directions , then drain in a colander. Rinse briefly to cool the pasta, then let it drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking and draining, prepare the vegetables. Cut tomatoes in half, cut Mozzarella, chop basil. Slice the eggplant, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and toasted in the pan or bake in the oven.
- Place the pasta and chopped vegetables in the largest bowl you have. Give the vinaigrette a brief whisk, then pour it over the salad. Stir the pasta and vegetables until everything is coated in dressing. Give it a taste and add salt or pepper, if needed. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to eat.